Ceramic brake pads are a type of brake pad that includes mineral fiber, aramid fiber and ceramic fiber (because steel fiber can rust, produce noise and dust, and therefore cannot meet the requirements of ceramic type formulations).
Many consumers will initially mistake ceramic as being made of ceramic, but in fact, ceramic brake pads are made from the principle of metal ceramics rather than non-metal ceramics. At this high temperature, the surface of the brake pad will be sintered metal-ceramic similar reaction, so that the brake pad has good stability at this temperature. Traditional brake pads do not produce sintering reactions at this temperature, and the sharp increase in surface temperature can cause the surface material to melt or even produce a cushion of air, which can cause a sharp decrease in brake performance after continuous braking or a total loss of braking.
Ceramic brake pads have the following advantages over other types of brake pads.
(1) The biggest difference between ceramic brake pads and traditional brake pads is the absence of metal. In traditional brake pads, metal is the main material that generates friction, which has a high braking force, but is prone to wear and noise. When ceramic brake pads are installed, there will be no abnormal arguing (i.e. scraping sound) during normal driving. Because ceramic brake pads do not contain metal components, the screeching sound of traditional metal brake pads rubbing against each other (i.e. brake pads and brake discs) is avoided.
(2) Stable friction coefficient. Friction coefficient is the most important performance indicator of any friction material, which is related to the good or bad braking ability of brake pads. In the braking process due to the heat generated by friction, the working temperature increases, the general friction material of the brake pad by the temperature, the coefficient of friction begins to decline. In actual application, it will reduce the friction force, thus reducing the braking effect. The friction material of ordinary brake pads is not mature, and the friction coefficient is too high causing unsafe factors such as loss of direction during braking, burned pads and scratched brake discs. Even when the temperature of the brake disc is as high as 650 degrees, the friction coefficient of ceramic brake pads is still around 0.45-0.55, which can ensure that the vehicle has good braking performance.
(3) Ceramic has better thermal stability and lower thermal conductivity, and good wear resistance. Long-term use temperature in 1000 degrees, this characteristic makes ceramic can be suitable for a variety of high-performance brake materials, high-performance requirements, can meet the brake pad high-speed, safety, high wear resistance and other technical requirements.
(4) It has good mechanical strength and physical properties. Can withstand large pressure and shear force. Friction material products in the assembly before use, there is a need for drilling, assembly and other mechanical processing, in order to make the brake pad assembly. Therefore, the friction material must have sufficient mechanical strength to ensure that the processing or use of the process does not appear to break and shatter.
(5) Have a very low thermal decay property.
(6) Enhance the performance of brake pads. Because of the fast heat dissipation of ceramic materials, it is used in the manufacture of brakes, and its coefficient of friction is higher than that of metal brake pads.
(7) Safety. Brake pads generate instantaneous high temperature when braking, especially at high speed or emergency braking. In the high temperature state, the friction coefficient of the friction pads will drop, called thermal recession. Ordinary brake pads thermal degradation of low, high temperature and emergency braking when the brake fluid temperature increases so that the brake braking delay, or even the loss of braking effect safety factor is low.
(8) comfort. Among the comfort indicators, owners are often most concerned about the noise of the brake pads, in fact, noise is also a long-standing problem that cannot be solved by ordinary brake pads. The noise is generated by the abnormal friction between the friction pad and the friction disc, and the reasons for its generation are very complicated, such as the braking force, the temperature of the brake disc, the speed of the vehicle and the climatic conditions are all possible reasons for the noise.
(9) Excellent material characteristics. Ceramic brake pads use large particles of graphite/brass/advanced ceramic (non-asbestos) and semi-metal and other high-tech materials with high temperature resistance, wear resistance, brake stability, repair injury brake disc, environmental protection, no noise long service life and other advantages, to overcome the traditional brake pad material and process defects is the most sophisticated international advanced ceramic brake pads. In addition, the low content of ceramic slag ball and good enhancement can also reduce the pair wear and noise of brake pads.
(10) Long service life. Service life is an indicator of great concern. The service life of ordinary brake pads is below 60,000 km, while the service life of ceramic brake pads is above 100,000 km. That is because ceramic brake pads use a unique formula of only 1 to 2 kinds of electrostatic powder, other materials are non-static materials, so that the powder will be taken away by the wind with the movement of the vehicle, and will not stick to the wheel hub to affect the beauty. The life span of ceramic materials is more than 50% higher than that of ordinary semi-metal ones. After using ceramic brake pads, there will be no scraping grooves (i.e. scratches) on the brake discs, extending the service life of the original discs by 20%.
Post time: Apr-06-2022